As this was Reading Week I focused more on practicing things I enjoyed playing too however I maintained focus on technique throughout.
As I was travelling I could only manage an hour of practice each day on my practice pad however I could access rudiments on my phone.
Monday 24th was spent on 7/4 fills on my pad to increase my fluidity and overall feel of the time signature (1 hour)
Tuesday 25th was spent on left hand traditional grip to improve my jazz playing (1 hour)
Wednesday 26th was when I visited the studio where I used to work in Mansfield, The Old Library. Here I was able to practice my studio skills with my former co-workers and also got 30 minutes of kit practice on Metal playing to improve my knowledge and playing of the genre.
Thursday 27th I spent roughly an hour on reciting Crazy Army from memory at 95bpm
Friday 28th I spent 30 minutes practicing to music on my practice pad as I did not have much time and I did not want to go a day without practice.
Saturday 29th I got the train back to Guildford and I spent 1 hour and 30 minutes on the rudiments in the course book, despite knowing them, I wanted to re-assure my memory of them for future lectures.
Sunday 30th I spent 3 hours in Room 7 playing to my phone on shuffle demonstrating a variety of fills and grooves from different genres to improve on my flexibility between genres.
No comments:
Post a Comment