In my first practice session on Monday 17th I focused on fills used in more swung and jazzy styles of music such as jazz and funk as preparation for the lecture on 16th note grooves commonly found in those genres. I focused on using my left hand primarily during the rudiment practice session to increase the fluidity of my fills.
Tuesday 18th was spent on grooves, getting behind the music particularly and making it sound appropriate to the song. This was to help with studio work - if I am playing toa song then this makes me sound more stylistically aware. Outside of music I maintained my practice to my second language which is Spanish.
Wednesday 19th had 30 minutes of unscheduled pad practice on singles as well as the 2 hour theory past paper from 2014 in which i achieved a distinction and the 1 hour spent on a keyboard revising major and minor scales from memory.
Thursday 20th had 1 hour of keyboard technique practice so that I can portray ideas to bands easier without the use of tuned percussion. There was also a 45 minute rehearsal with that was meant to be an hour however I had project group.
Friday 21st is when I perform random rudiments focusing equally on both hands whilst looking at my technique in a mirror to ensure the grip is perfect and not tensing or anything. I also jam with random classmates for fun and to improve at the same time.
Despite the weekends having nothing scheduled as I like to remain free lest there is a gig opportunity or something I spent oj Saturday 22nd 1 hour on my practice pad focusing on my left hand's traditional grip and on Sunday 23rd I recorded a drum part for a friends song which will be featured on my blog when it is released. After this I spent 3 hours in Room 7 playing to songson my phone on shufle varying from Jazz to Metal

No comments:
Post a Comment