Thursday, 6 October 2016

Band Skills Formative Assessment Review

What happened?

I performed Adele's 'Rolling in the Deep' with a band and a click

How was I feeling?

Although I had practised the song frequently with a different band I was nervous with working people which I had never played with prior to the assessment. This worried me as I was depending on them to listen to me and stay in time

What was good and bad about the experience?

Although i did keep a solid backbeat throughout the piece and played in all the right places the performances however, as the band had not played before there wasn't much of a connection leaving the performance as a whole feeling a bit stiff. Any mistakes that may have been were not dwelled on during the performance but they were mentally reviewed after.

What sense can i make/tale from the assessment

I should not only rehearse the song with people i commonly play with but with the people i will be taking the assessment with too. This way we can have a better connection whilst performing making our performance more refined.

What more could I have done

I could have got into contact with those in my lecture and rehearsed with them to get a more fluent performance. I feel like a practised the song an adequate amount on my own and with others   just not those I will be performing with. When I get the footage back I will focus on what else i can do

Action Plan

For the next Band Skills assessment, I will rehearse the song with those I will be performing to improve the final performance.I will also listen to different versions of the song to give me a wider understanding of what can be done to it to make it more interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Great stuff, Max. It looks like you're appreciating the value in the reflective cycle and how addressing each point produces something meaningful. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete