Monday, 26 June 2017

P4 Critical Feedback - 26th June 2017

During my Technical Development lecture on Monday 26th June I was fortunate enough to gain feedback from my lecturer Joe Yoshida. The feedback was on the drum part for our song 'Play On'. the video below features me playing the song without a backing track and following that, there is some critical feedback.


A crucial part of the feedback is that my bass drum is not as tight as it can be in a section of the song. As this was the day before my performance, I had to practice my bass drum extensively that night to ensure that it was ready for our performance. I used the following exercise as it is incredibly useful for getting your bass drum tight due to the fact that it lands on the beat and off of the beat through the exercise. This forces you to assess your timing issues when you play. #finalproject


No comments:

Post a Comment