In our rehearsal today we recorded 'Oy Vey' so that the band can listen back to it in their own practice times so that they can know the song inside and out. Despite our bassist, Alex, being absent due to her missing lectures because of the Paramore gig she attended the previous night we carried on playing and rehearsing.
Click here to see the video
From this video we were able to find out what parts needed to be worked on the most. The largest issue we found was Ollie's guitar part before the drum solo. The main issue is with how he played what his own part as it is meant to be a quiet build up to the climactic drum solo. Despite us telling him it should be simple and quiet he refuses to change it. We reached a compromise after the recording that drum solo with have more dynamics meaning that I will have to re-write it out.
Targets for our next rehearsal
Due to our guitarists lack of compromise I will have to re-write my drum solo for 'Oy Vey' At the end of the day, this is a good things as it extends our set and showcases more of my personal skill. i will use even more exercise from my Technical Development class and apply them to this solo to demonstrate what I have learnt over my time at ACM.
Targets reached
Although I did reach my target as I wrote out my drum solo, I will have to re-do it due to the reasons stated above.
No comments:
Post a Comment