Thursday, 11 May 2017

P4 Practice Diary - Wednesday 10th May

Attendance

All of our band members attended this rehearsal as it was in lecture and we have been assign a new guitarist (Oliver Crosta) to join our band.

What we planned

For this lecture I planned to meet my third target for the 4th project which was decide on which song by the vocalist we will turn into a band cover. This had to be done so we could have at least one song that we are confident in and that we will be performing.

Result

We decided on a song called 'Float Away' (click here to see the original version) as it works really well as a slow, soul, motown song in our funky set. It was a group decision and we are adding a chorus to it to make it feel more structured as the original lacks one.

Task for the end of week

In order to meet my weekly targets which are to finish the structure of the 7/4 song and to write out one of our songs into Logic. These will both be achieved by me working hard as an individual on both targets, I will document the process of one of these tasks too on my blog.

Conclusion

After another successful rehearsal I am excited to continue working with the band. I will have to work hard to reach my goals but it has been am incredibly successful start. I know this because everybody left the rehearsals feeling confident and performed well.

No comments:

Post a Comment