Wednesday, 29 March 2017

Previous Work Experience

Click here for the link with my CV for jobs outside of the music industry

I am not currently employed however I have recently done a promotional gig for ACM which has been blogged about here.

I have also been employed by a studio to work with a band as a co-producer and drummer which has been blogged about here.

As far as jobs outside of the industry go I have worked at a fish and chip shop for 8 months and I worked as a baking demonstrator for 4 months - these have been noted on my CV linked above.
Jobs that aren't on my CV include walking a dog for 18 months and touring with a covers (77) band around the UK for 7 months.

These jobs have assisted me in the industry mildly as working in the fish and chip shop has taught me how to deal with distressed people as we would occasionally get unpleasant customers. Despite being taught hygiene standards and till work these skills do not assist me in the music industry.

Being a baking demonstrator helped me greatly with talking to a crowd and people in general. It involved me discussing the methods on how to make bread to children, older people and large crowds. This has greatly helped with my confidence and my ability to portray ideas to a large group of people/band. It has also taught me how to make a great loaf of bread!

Walking a dog has hardly helped me in the music industry however touring with a covers band has been incredibly beneficial. It helped with setting up kits, learning songs quickly, dealing with tour hours and sleeping in a van/hotel and a lot more.

Update: April 2nd 2017

I am now currently employed by CeX Guildford

No comments:

Post a Comment